Our local entrepreneurs are taking precautions to make travel safer for everyone. Please contact your accommodation and other service providers for additional information. Please remember to take precautions as well:
- If you fall ill, even if you have mild symptoms, go for a covid-19 test and stay isolated until you receive the results of the test.
- Maintain a safe distance to others at all times
- Use a face mask
- Cough or sneeze into a disposable handkerchief or your own sleeve.
- Take care of hand hygiene
- Monitor the coronavirus situation
- Care. Don’t leave anyone alone, let’s take care of each other and enjoy life.
Additional information on safe travel in Lapland: https://koronaturvallinenlappi.fi/en/travel-info/
The safest way to reach Utsjoki is by car. The nearest car rental is in Ivalo. There are frequent flights between Helsinki and Ivalo. There is a bus connection from Ivalo to Utsjoki and back, the timetables are available here.
The Grocery stores in Nuorgam, Utsjoki and Karigasniemi are open. Nature sites can be visited following the basic rules and guidance from the health authorities (further guidance here). Equipment for outdoor activities can be rented from several local companies.
Situation update on coronavirus in Finland: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/situation-update-on-coronavirus
If you are in Utsjoki and you or your family member face even mild symptoms of coronavirus, please contact our local health center for testing:
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. call +358 40 1810285
- On weekends, evenings and on public holidays call +358 40 1810281
If the symptoms are severe, call directly the emergency number 112!